Everyone feels a bit under pressure from time to time, even teachers. When the going gets tough, however, you get yourself going and tackle that inbox like a boss! Today's inbox has me posting this update. I would first like to say how proud I am of my 2nd semester students. They rolled into class this week (Thursday and Friday) after having three days out due to ice and got straight to work. Wow! Very mature and professional, thanks guys!
To keep the flow going, I want to take this time to shout out to Faith (8th), Justine & Titus (7th), and Sonika & Mishelle (6th) for getting their reading homework done early on Google Classroom. Don't forget, it's due Tuesday (1/17) and it will be graded. Prior to the weather disruption, we had been working from Scholastic Art magazine and not all of my classes got that finished due to the weather and technical difficulties. I will be supplementing the grade for that assignment with this homework grade.
Basic reminders are listed below. I also want to mention that on January 24th, ECMS will be hosting an Open House for prospective students. I look forward to meeting all of you who are planning to stop by. Students and Families already signed up to attend ECMS in the fall, this is also a great opportunity to preview the art program and pick up some information for your student to get a head start on being prepared for their art class.
Questions, comments, concerns: contact me. :)
- Art Journal - minus 5pts every day it is late.
- Art Supplies - Make sure you are getting yours and come to class prepared.
- 8Th Graders - Bring in your Cereal Box (12oz or Larger) by the end of the week (1/17).
- Saturday School: 4/1 (make up for Tuesday 1/10)
- No STEM Electives 1/13 - regular daily schedule
- 1/16 - MLK Day - no school, don't forget to do your homework!