I am really excited to kick off my second year at the art teacher at East Cary Middle School. Thank you so much to families and parents who have supported our visual arts program and its students. I am very proud of the students I have worked with so far. There is a great range of talent just waiting to be exercised and developed into creative endeavors. I would like to take a moment to welcome our rising 6th graders. I met a variety of you as you have stopped by to visit East Cary. I excited to meet you again at schedule pick up and very much look forward to working with you as classes begin again next week.
Parents & Guardians
- Please take a moment to fill out this brief survey with your best available phone numbers & emails: Parent Contact Survey
- Take a moment to review the Student Supply List and get a head start on being prepared for class on Monday, July 10... Yes, there will be homework the first day.
- Speaking of Homework... Students who are taking visual arts courses at ECMS will be using the Google Suite apps for both classwork & homework: Drive, Classroom, Docs, I encourage you to please download these apps to your available devices and take some time to preview them before class. Students: lease use your Wake Co Public Schools email to access your G-Suite apps.
- ECMS student email is transitioning to Outlook. Please be aware that Wake Co students will be using a new email app starting this year: Microsoft Outlook. Please read the text below as it contains information sent by Wake Co. Technology Services in the:
- Beginning July 10, students will access their WCPSS email in Outlook. Their email addresses will not change. They will be able to access their email from the web and a mobile application. Students will receive an email in their Lotus Notes account notifying them of the change prior to July 10.
- In the meantime, the following information may help you as you assist your students.
What do my students need to know?
Beginning July 10, students will send and receive email from their new Outlook account by logging into the WakeID Portal at wakeid.wcpss.net and clicking the Outlook icon. Students will no longer be able to send or receive new email from their Lotus Notes account. They can, however, continue to access their Lotus Notes email at webmail.students.wcpss.net to read or print messages until September 15.
What do my students do if they need help?
After July 10, they can visit
www.wcpss.net/studentemail or mywakeid.wcpss.net.